Thursday, May 28, 2009

Some of the things I'm growing

I will not be having a lot of time to post over the next few days. Many important deadlines are fast approaching (next week) and I will not have a lot of time to enjoy the garden or the allotment. Today I have received two scented geraniums (Attar of roses) through the post, from a mail order company based in Ireland. They smell wonderful. I have planted them in two pots I had ready from last weekend. I can't wait to see them grow and flower! Well, here are some of the other things growing in my back garden:

First up, is my little Calendula, I planted it from seed on the 12th of April 2009. I think it's doing pretty well. I have now moved it to my tomato basket stand (as part of my companion planting strategy!):

Here we have my 1 year old wild strawberry plant, with quite a few flowers. I'm determined this year the birds will not be having the strawberries!



Next up, are my new strawberry plants, they are the babies of one of my 1 year old plants, yes 1 plant has created six runners!!





This is one of my new purchases, Evening Primrose, I bought it on the 11th April from my local garden centre as an 8cm plant. It has grown quite a bit since then! Not quite sure what I will do with it yet...



Here is my 1 year old "Chocolate Peppermint", I cut it right back at the end of last summer and it has grown back again, however, it seems to have a considerable amount of green flies... not quite sure why....

This is my 1 year old sage, which I planted from seed last year. It has survived a very harsh winter and it tastes delicious... I'm actually infusing some olive oil with it!


More pictures should follow shortly. I can't wait for my three lavender plants to flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favourite Books